The American Geriatrics Society (AGS) and the Association of Directors of Geriatrics Academic Programs (ADGAP) are pleased to provide the Virtual Mentor Match Program, an opportunity for members to connect and explore new collaborations and working relationships.
The AGS Virtual Mentor Match program offers the opportunity to develop a mentoring relationship based on your needs, including long-term and situational mentoring across disciplines and career stages. The AGS Virtual Mentor Match facilitates the matching of members with a mentor to address unmet career development needs of:
- Junior Faculty
- Women in Geriatrics
- Geriatrics Program Directors
- Geriatrics professionals of any level seeking clarity or guidance on career transitions, CV review, etc.
Whether you're looking to connect with a mentor for a short-term consult or to develop a more long-term relationship, Mentor Match is for you!
Program Benefits for Mentees:
- Get a fresh perspective from experienced professionals
- Build your network and gain name recognition
Establish and maintain a mentoring relationship on your terms
- Set your own agenda for meetings to get your specific questions answered
- Make new contacts that might provide job leads or collaboration opportunities
- Get insights on your CV, interview skills, contract negotiation and more
- Get the support you need to feel confident and uplifted as you navigate your career
Become a Mentor Today!
- Build leadership and teaching skills
Enhance your network and gain influence
- Bring a new perspective to your work and discover new questions or ideas
- Experience the rewarding fulfillment of assisting someone in their career and/or program development
Mentors have the ability to set limits on their participation , including the number of mentees that they can take on and and turning off participation during specified date ranges. Mentors can also track their mentoring relationships via their personalized mentorship dashboard.
You can sign up as both and mentor AND a mentee. Get the answers you need and give back by helping someone else!Please note: Enrollment for The Annual In-Person Mentorship Program that takes place at the AGS Annual Scientific Meeting is NOT conducted through Mentor Match. Click here for more information about the Annual In-Person Mentorship Program.