Thanks for serving your fellow members by enrolling as a Mentor!
Here are the steps to successfully complete your Mentor enrollment:
- Make selections for each of the demographics below to set your preferences. Please note that some fields are required for Mentor enrollment. The more information you provide, the easier it will be for Mentees to find their best Mentor match.
- Add your mentorship duration. This selection is required so that Mentees know which type of mentoring relationship you are expecting, whether a long-term mentorship, one-time consult, or something in between. You can add more than one selection if you are open to different mentorship lengths.
- The “Mentor Status” section lets us know when you are available. Your start date is required (if you can begin immediately, choose today’s date). If you add an end date, your profile will be hidden from the Mentor Directory once that date is exceeded. If you do not have an end date, you can leave the field blank.
- Be sure to add the maximum number of Mentees you are willing to work with at any one time. Once you have accepted mentees in your mentorship dashboard, your profile will be hidden from the Mentor Directory when you have reached the number of mentees indicated (You can reappear in the directory after closing out completed mentorships in your profile).
- At the bottom of the form, click “Save”.
In addition to enrolling as a Mentor, please complete your Mentor profile (which is populated with some of your membership information) so that potential Mentees can learn more about you. Be sure to add a photo, include information in your bio and details of your job history.
Want to know more about the demographic choices listed here? Check out this guide.