The Geriatric Nursing Review Syllabus: A Core Curriculum in Advanced Practice Geriatric Nursing, 5th Edition (GNRS5),is a concise, up-to-date, and comprehensive text developed by the American Geriatrics Society. The GNRS5 is based on the Geriatrics Review Syllabus: A Core Curriculum in Geriatric Medicine, 9th Edition, and adapted for advanced practice geriatric nurses.
The GNRS5 is authored by more than 150 interdisciplinary experts in the care of older adults and is composed of:The GNRS5 is authored by more than 150 interdisciplinary experts in the care of older adults and is composed of:
• 66 chapters covering the prevailing management strategies and recent research findings in six broad areas of geriatric care: Current Issues in Aging, Approach to the Patient, Care Systems, Syndromes, Psychiatry, and Diseases and Disorders
• A concise, up-to-date, and comprehensive reference on geriatric medicine.References that allow the interested reader to pursue topics in greater depth.
• 130 case-oriented, multiple-choice questions with answers and critiques, providing an effective, valuable self-assessment tool
The GRNS5 is :
• the authoritative source for information on care of older adults.
• a convenient self-assessment program
• an excellent teaching resource