The Geriatrics Recognition Award
The Geriatrics Recognition Award (GRA) recognizes physicians and advanced practice registered nurses (APRN) who are committed to ensuring they are current on the latest advances in the care of older adults through life-long learning. It provides professional recognition of special knowledge in care of older adults.
All physicians and advanced practice registered nurses (APRN) may apply for the GRA. You do not need to be a member of the AGS to be eligible. An applicant who meets all the requirements will receive an award certificate recognizing their participation in lifelong learning centered on the care of older adults.
The application requirements are:
- Physicians will have completed 75 continuing medical education credits in geriatrics within the 24 months prior to their application. CME credits must be AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM or AOA equivalent or AAFP Prescribed Credits.
- APRNs will have completed 75 CEU/CME programs in geriatrics/gerontological nursing within the 24 months prior to application.
As detailed on the application form, if an applicant is reporting credits earned from organizations other than AGS, they will need to submit a copy of the CME/CE certificate or other communication from the organization providing the credits.
The GRA is valid for two years from the month that the application is approved and can be renewed by earning 75 hours of geriatrics/gerontology credits every 24 months as specified above for new certificates.
To be considered for GRA Recognition, an applicant must submit a complete application package, including:
- Complete the online GRA Application Form
- Provide copies of the CME/CE Certificates if reporting credits earned from organizations other than AGS. These should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the application fee via the online payment URL to the American Geriatrics Society. If the application is not approved, this fee will be applied to future applications.
- AGS Members – $99
- Non-Members – $175
- AGS Members - $65
- Non-Member - $115
Please reach out to Denise McAlpin at Dmcalpin@americangeriatrics.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding your application.