This award will be given to an outstanding clinician educator mid-career faculty member (Associate Professor) for an impressive body of work in geriatric education.
This award is targeted to a mid-career clinician educator (Associate Professor) who has made significant contributions to the education and training of students/trainees in geriatrics and in health professions schools. The ideal candidate will have met some or all of the following criteria:
- Significant contribution to the teaching of students/trainees;
- Significant contribution to mentoring and providing career advice to students/trainees/junior faculty; and/or
- Significant contribution to educational program development.
Teaching expertise as well as educational program development is valued in the selection of the recipient for this honor.
The nomination should consist of:
- A primary letter of nomination written by another educator who is familiar with the candidate’s involvement in the AGS and contributions to the field of geriatrics.
- The candidate’s biosketch (NIH-style, 4 pages maximum) and a mentoring table/summary.
- One supporting letter of recommendation (limited to 1 page).
Nominations will be reviewed and the awardee selected by the Awards Committee of the AGS.
To recognize this outstanding achievement, the awardee will receive a letter documenting the award and a framed certificate will be presented during the Awards Ceremony at the AGS Annual Scientific Meeting.
Past Recipients of the Outstanding Mid-Career Clinician Educator of the Year Award
2020 Mandi Sehgal, MD
2019 Colleen Christmas, MD, FACP
2018 Amit A. Shah, MD
2017 Lisa M. Walke, MD
2016 Anna Chang, MD
2015 Susan Parks, MD
2014 Louise Aronson, MD
2013 Helen Fernandez, MD