Attendees will learn
· Aspects of living with dementia and how palliative care can impact patient-centered outcomes across the trajectory
· Overview of dementia, diagnostic work-up, progression, and important care issues
· Best practice evidence: Care planning, decision support, proxy decision-making from the perspective of people living with dementia and their families
· Integrating the voice of people living with dementia and their caregivers into your practice
· Dementia friendly healthcare practices
Continuing Education 8.5 contact hours
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Nursing is an approved provider by the Texas State Board of Social Workers Examiners.
Certificate of attendance provided for other disciplines.
We look forward to seeing you in June
*Funded through Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Eugene Washington Engagement Award