Date & LocationTuesday, September 20, 2022, 8:55 AM - Friday, September 23, 2022, 6:00 PM EST, Virtual
Target AudienceSpecialties - Family Practice, General Surgery, Geriatric Medicine, Hospitalist, Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Nurse Practitioner, Nursing, Pain Medicine, Palliative Medicine, Pediatrics, Pharmacist, Physician Assistant, Primary Care Physician, Social Work
Course OverviewA four-day clinically-based intensive board review course in geriatrics and palliative medicine taught by leading experts in both fields providing updates on geriatric syndromes and palliative medicine and the latest research and treatments. Each day consists of eight live virtual plenary sessions and nineteen (September 20th -23rd , 2022) pre-recorded workshops designated to provide both practical experience with the plenary material, as well as to cover other content areas. All workshops are case-based and can be viewed in a 'study hall' format at the learner's time discretion.
- Describe the latest evidence-based geriatric and palliative medicine.
- Recognize the promises and pitfalls of new treatments for older adults.
- Identify psychosocial and ethical issues as they pertain to older adults and formulate a treatment approach.
- Prepare for the ABIM geriatric and palliative medicine board exams.
- Critically assess and guide medical interventions to improve a patient's quality of life.
- Assess and manage pain and non-pain issues.
- Provide patient and families with the highest level of medical care that is consistent with their goals.
Oakstone Publishing is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Oakstone Publishing designates this Other activity (live activity component and enduring material component) for a maximum of 85.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Click here for more information and Registration
Click here for the Save the Date