REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the 28th Annual Clinical Update in Geriatric Medicine conference, scheduled for March 5-7, 2020 at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, Pittsburgh, PA.
The conference is jointly provided by the Pennsylvania Geriatrics - Western Division, UPMC/ University of Pittsburgh Aging Institute and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences.
EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS FEBRUARY 17TH
As a reminder, members of the Pennsylvania Geriatrics Society – Western Division are entitled to a discount when registering for this AGS award-winning conference.
To become a member, visit www.pagswd.org. Visit http://www.dom.pitt.edu/UGM/ to register or view the entire conference schedule.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
Continuing Education Credits include: a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM/ 21.5 (including the dinner symposium);
Nursing - 20 contacts hours / 21.5 contact hours (including the dinner); Social Work - 20 hours / 21.5 hours (including the dinner);
AAFP – Offered. Exact hours TBD
Pharmacy - 18 contact hours / 19.5 contact hours (including the dinner).
CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE
- The Year in Review for Geriatric Medicine covering highlights of recent advances/controversies
- State-of-the-Art Updates on common geriatric conditions, tailored to each setting, i.e., office, hospital, home, nursing home
- Geriatric Cardiology Symposium and Cardiology Expert Panel Q&A: Statin Therapy for Older Adults; Hypertension Treatment; Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction (HFpEF) and more.
- Special topics including: Vignettes on common infections in the geriatric population; Update on bone health; Vaccinations in the Elderly
- Popular Ask the Expert Sessions: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Psychiatry and Dentistry
DINNER SYMPOSIUM – featuring Sunny Linnebur, PharmD, FCCP, FASCP, BCPS, BCGP
The dinner symposium, held on Thursday, March 5th features Sunny Linnebur, PharmD, FCCP, FASCP, BCPS, BCGP, President, American Geriatrics Society.
Dr. Linnebur will present, “4M’s: Medication in an Aging Friendly Health System.”
For more information please contact Nadine Popovich, conference planner at firstname.lastname@example.org or to (412) 321-5030.