Who are AGS Fellows?
AGS Fellow (AGSF) is awarded to AGS members who have demonstrated a professional commitment to geriatrics, contributed to the progress of geriatrics care, and are active participants in the Society's activities. AGS Fellows join a specially recognized group of healthcare providers who are dedicated to geriatrics education, clinical care, and research, as well as to their own continuing professional development. Fellows have distinguished themselves among their colleagues, as well as in their communities and in the Society by their service. Their dedication and longstanding commitment to AGS is recognized by this mark of distinction.
Am I eligible to apply for AGS Fellow?
You are eligible to apply for AGS Fellow if you are currently an active member of the AGS and have been for at least 5 years*, have attended at least 3 Annual Meetings and accrue 30 points**.
How do I apply to become an AGS Fellow?
To be considered as an AGS Fellow, an applicant must:
- Mail in a completed application form. (Complete only the items that apply)
- Provide two letters of recommendation by members of the Society in good standing (members for at least three years, AGS Fellows encouraged) endorsing the applicant's advancement to AGS Fellows.
- Submit a $150 application fee via check made out to the American Geriatrics Society.
- Application Deadline: March 15th and September 15th.
Submit completed application to:
Hoon Jason Park
Senior Coordinator, Membership
American Geriatrics Society
40 Fulton St., 18th Floor
New York, NY 10038
T: (212) 308-1414
F: (212) 832-8646
* - Individuals are still considered eligible with a six month or less membership lapse within those five years.
** - Applicants should complete the application form to determine their point score prior to submitting their application and fee. Applicants with less than 30 points will not be considered for fellowship.